Saturday, August 21, 2010

lying /大話王

hugging Jennifer before saying goodbye
Jennifer came to play with MM today. MM was totally thrilled, copied everything she did and said; having a bigger kid to model after seemed to be one of the most satisfactory things..

MM broke two of the cups from the tea set this afternoon, I asked Jennifer, who was playing besides her, if she knew what happened. MM seized that chance and said immediately that it was Jennifer who broke the cups, J said it wasnot her. Then tonight she played the tea set again, and ran to the kitchen to tell me that one more was broken, and "Jennifer broke it!" I knew she was lying because I have gone through the whole set to make sure there were no more borken ones. She laughed when I told her she was lying, then told me that"明明是個小傻瓜", which has become her cute excuse these days when I pointed out something she did wrong.

this is the first time i caught her lying consciously, hope that it won't become a habit.


The last time she almost lied to me was when we were in HK Feb 2010:
MM asked for her second chocolate, I said you had already eaten one. she whinned. I gave her a second one but asked her to keep it in her pocket and ate it later (this was not a fairy tale, she was able to keep a chocolate just the night before until the next morning, though woke up a few times that night to ask me about her chocolate). I was folding clothes besides her and when I looked at her again, she was like this.
Me: 明明你在干甚麼? (Ming Ming, what are u doing?)
MM: (顧左右而言他) 在騎馬馬.... (riding a horse)
Me: 甚麼? (What?)
MM: au galope au galope (騎馬的聲音)
Me: 明明你的巧克力呢? (where is your chocolate)
MM: 笑 (starts laughing)

No comments: