Ming Ming talking to her baby: my darling.... My darling...
Me: who is your darling Ming Ming?
MM: I don't have a darling.
Me: can I be your darling?
MM: no, my baby is my darling.
Me (sad face)
MM: but you an be my pretend darling. Can u be my pretend darling?
-----
bed time, putting on her diaper (only for the night) and PJ.
MM (unhappy): Ha, it is Dora, I want the princess diaper.
me: but Dora is a princess too.
MM: No, she is not. Princess don't use backpack.
me: what? but where do princess put their stuff?
MM: in their treasure box.
me: but when they go for an adverture, when do they put their treasure box?
MM: in a bag... and they put their diaper in (she started to find the idea funny), and their peepee in.
Ha, the treasure box turned out to be a potty, who would have thought!
--------
bath time
MM: when am I turning four? when is my birthday?
me: remember? your birthday is at the beginning of summer.
MM: is it soon? it is already summer in Africa.
(her teacher Hannah just came back from a one-week-trip in Ethiopia, this must be from her)
me: that is right. But your birthday is when summer comes to Chicago.
then again, at another occassion
MM: picking apples is fun, right?
me: right
MM: I picked apples with Julian, and it is very fun, it is in Charlottesville.
(sometimes she would tell me in a worried voice: I don't remember Charlottesville anymore.)
after a while...
MM: can I pick apples for my birthday? or cherries? I can, right? because my birthday is in the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment