Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apple picking 2013

This is our third year picking apples with the Greenwood Commune, most of our core members are here:

I actually like this one better, but it does not have Keven and me (the designated group picture photographer)
 

the Lacroix family pic

the commune kids


a nice pic of Helen and Hugo

Last year was disastrous for apple orchards, early spring followed by frost in May and drought in summer resulted in very few apples. In contrast, this is a year of abundance...
The commune families happily obliged and picked lots of apples. At the end of the day, the Rubys and Lacroixs both ended up with more than 80lbs of apples. I only picked about 30 lbs, and as of today when I am writing this down (two weeks after), we have no more apples left. We had the most delicious apple sauce for two weeks and now they are... all gone... SHOULD HAVE PICKED MORE!!


bonus materials: kids rolling down the hill like apples

No comments: