I spent two hours at the Lacroix Kitchen on Saturday evening, observing Chef Mike at work and trying to help prepare some veges as he was single-handedly putting together a gourmet Easter Sunday brunch for the whole commune. At the same time Liz was putting together an exquisite Easter breakfast table for her girls, with beautiful baskets filled with new and old toys (they can't tell that they have been receiving the same things for three years now, according to Mike). I improvised a similar basket for Ming Ming when I got home, filled with only old toys. But...
As Keven, I decided to copy Mike's email here to "immortalize" it. I don't think that I will have another Easter brunch like this in the years to come.
Dear Neighbors,
On the (hastily, but tastily, put together) menu for tomorrow’s
brunch/lunch at the Rubyhofer’s:
brunch/lunch at the Rubyhofer’s:
savory crêpes filled w/ ham & cheese
French lentils w/ asparagus
new potato/sunchoke salad w/ lemon vinaigrette
slow roasted lamb shoulder w/ onion/fennel confit
cream puffs for dessert
French lentils w/ asparagus
new potato/sunchoke salad w/ lemon vinaigrette
slow roasted lamb shoulder w/ onion/fennel confit
cream puffs for dessert
There will be lots of food, but if you’ve got a favorite family dish, or if you feel like cooking, please feel free to add to the above.
Anne says their place will be open at 10am–food won’t be ready until 11:30, but, I guess we can still call it brunch
Mike
these poor crepes filled with cheese and ham were forgotten in the oven. still the best crepes that I have eaten!
the instruction was that they should try to find as many eggs as they could, but have to brought every egg to the table. the eggs were all labelled with each kid's name, so an equal distribution at the end of the egg hunt was easy. No tear, no complaint.
a big THANK YOU for Mike and Liz for two wonderful meals! we basically regrouped for dinner and finished the rest of the food.
After the imposed Easter socialism from their parents, the kids started by lining up their treasures and doing trades.
while Oscar tried to escape with his loot, Ming Ming explained that they did not just take Diane's stuffs, they have actually asked nicely and Diane consented to their looting.
No comments:
Post a Comment