Sunday morning: Ming Ming, Papa and Mamie went to Marya's birthday party (a school friend) at the Adler Planetarium, Papou took his bike and went up all the way to Belmont, while I stayed home to administer the Chinese class which is held at our living room.
the afternoon chat at the courtyard (around coffee) evolved into a dinner at our place, with Mamie working long hours in the kitchen preparing a lemon tart. Here are some happy kids eating dinner.
Aiming for some uninterrupted time for us (adults) to chew our food and have a decent conversation, I announced to the kids that if they finished everything in their plates, they could watch "Kirikou and the sorceress" again - we just watched it this past Friday for movie night, but the film would not start until everyone has emptied their plates. Uproars of excitement, only to be followed by: Lucas was the first to protest, "But I don't like the food in my plate;" Lily, the youngest (only 2 and a half), was the only one to challenge my authority, "My mommy said that I am done (eating);" Ming Ming, usually a good eater, was not better in this case, "I don't want to watch Kirikou (true, she was scared by the film), is there another film? What is for dessert? I would rather have dessert." She knew that Mamiecath has spent the whole afternoon in the kitchen cooking some yummy dessert, and would thus prefer dessert over movie; Oscar, catching his mom alone in the kitchen, begged her to finish his plate for him; The Lacroix girls were nowhere to be heard: Avi was finishing up her plate, and Nourit, having emptied hers, started eating from the others' plates - so that we could have the movie earlier!
No comments:
Post a Comment