Ming Ming is very excited about her baby brother. But sometimes she also gets jealous. The first few days after we got home, Ming Ming told me at bedtime, "I wish Emile was not so cute, everyone who came visit only cares about him." And another time, "You guys only cares about Emile, sometimes I feel like you don't see me at all when I got home." While I tried to make my case with her by pointing out how much time I spent with her after she got back from school, she said, "but you spent the entire day with Emile while I was at school, so you still spent more time with him,"
Now she is pretty okay sharing me with Emile while she does her violin practice and her homework. But she guards her story time before falling asleep jealously against Emile's invasion. The time I have to read to her while holding Emile, Ming Ming was so sad that I concluded that it is better to give Emile 2 oz of formula and send him Antoine's way while I preserve my special bedtime story with Ming Ming.
1 comment:
Is that a jealous smile or sweet sister's smile! Wish we could get a chance to visit and spend all of our time with Ming Ming!
Post a Comment