Monday, November 30, 2009

The small biter /明明咬人了

I got the call today. Miss Danielle told me that Ming Ming has bitten one of her friends in the daycare. The poor kid did not bleed, and it is the daycare's policy to inform the parents of the incident but not to give names (neither the offender nor the victim). I feel so bad for the other kid. BUT how do you teach discipline to a 17 month old? Miss Danielle has had conversations with Ming Ming about using "nice hand" (no hitting) twice already. Ming Ming still has the tendency to grab whatever toys other kids are playing with. She understands when I say "gentle" or 溫柔, and would touch me gently when I say these words. But it is funny that these words also sound like invitation for play to her, and she would get so excited and shift to hitting instead (or waving hands, which would without exception hit on my face). Another annoying thing that she does now is to throw whatever she does not want to eat on the floor (very annoying esp when I serve her rice). The other day she threw out the whole plate, barely missing my head as I was bent down picking up stuff she threw on the carpeted floor.
Ming Ming cooking... with my toothbrush!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

亞妹唔得咁惡喎...
听落都幾頭癢, 點教呀...

g