I was away for a conference in California for three days. This is the first time I left Ming Ming alone with Antoine (there was always my mum before). Okay I got a lot of phone calls during my conference, popo wanted to know if everything went fine with Ming Ming back home, but could not communicate with Antoine, etc... But actually thing went rather well according to Antoine. Ming Ming portested a little bit the first night when Antoine did all the bedtime routines with her, and did not want to be bathed or go to sleep. (For the last two nights, Antoine just brought her to bed with him.) And apparently she did not eat much in school, but had too much pizza at dinner with her dad (result: no poop for the entire Saturday). But other than that, she was happy to be with Antoine. She prefered Antoine over me when she woke up at the middle of the night, knowing that her dad would bring her to bed with him but I won't.
And for me, the separation was not too hard either. I did not think too much about her or feel too bad about it, except one evening when I called and Antoine put Ming Ming on the phone, she kept saying "mama bao Ming Ming" (mama hold Ming Ming), and then went straight to the door, thinking that I must be outside. When I did not appear behind the door, she started crying. I dared not talking to her in the phone for the rest of the trip.
look at my earring!father and daughter grew closer together...
1 comment:
the second pic -- really great smile and self-appreciation! Isn't it great that a child can amuse herself!
xt
Post a Comment